We received a message about 10:40am this morning that a burglary was in progress in the neighborhood across the street from GBHS and that the burglar was on foot.As a safety precaution, OH and RV immediately commenced a Shelter in Place (a lockdown). Within approximately 10 minutes of notification, the suspect was in custody and our Shelter in Place was concluded. Everyone on campus responded quickly and appropriately to insure the safety of all. Classes resumed business as usual with minimal disruption to the school day.
ONLINE CONFERENCE SCHEDULER: October 26th - November 4th, Ridgeview parents have the opportunity to schedule a conference with their child’s teacher(s) online. Listed below are step-by-step directions to schedule your appointment(s).
November 5th (adjusted day, students dismissed at 12:35pm)
November 6th & 7th Non-student days
These are the dates approved by the EUSD Board of Trustees. We respectfully ask that you schedule your conferences during the Board approved dates, and do not ask teachers to conference outside of these dates.
Costume Guidelines for October 31
The main focus at school everyday is learning. Any costume that disrupts class or will not allow a student to fully participate in classroom instruction and activities is not allowed.
Teachers are instructed to confiscate any supplies that enter Ridgeview campus such as, but not limited to: face paint, hair spray, fake blood, or any flammable item.
Costume Parade October 31 To culminate Walk to School Month we will hold our 2nd annual costume parade. Students, parents and staff are invited to meet Mrs. McCallum at 8:20am in the parking lot of East Roseville Church on October 31st.
The ESF Online Auction opens Monday, an Internet auction event available to the greater community. The funds we raise support the teachers, children and programs within the Eureka Union School District. The 2014 Online Auction will be held
October 27, 2014 at 11 a.m. - November 12, 2014 at 9:00 p.m.
Some items that are being offered by Ridgeview Staff are:
· 4th Grade Breakfast The lucky winner of this package (from each class) will get to invite one friend to join him/her at a delicious breakfast feast in room 407 on a date TBD. The 4th Grade teachers will be offering Harper's Heavenly Eggs, Nelson's Perfect Pancakes, Yeo's Bountiful Beverages, Tuttle's Terrific Toast, Walker's Wonderful Fruit and Speck's Special Surprise.
· 5th Grade Picnic Life is a Picnic! The lucky winner of this package will get to bring along one friend for lunch in the park with the their 5th grade teacher.
· 6th Grade On February 12, 2015 after school, your child and a friend can join their sixth grade teacher for an afternoon of Broom Hockey and treats with the rest of the 6th grade teachers. BYOB-Bring your own Broom!
· Winter Wonderland Basket Need things to keep your kids busy over the upcoming Winter break? Then this basket filled with fun surprises is exactly what you need.
· Laser Craze Party (4 bidders will win) with Mrs. McCallum for your child and a friend; they will have an amazing good time on 2/20/2015 from 5:00-6:45pm
· VIP Package for Ridgeview's Winter Concert includes VIP Seating for SIX and one reserved parking space. Pull right in and enjoy the show!
· Ridgeview Spring Choir Concert performance The winning bidder will receive preferred seating for SIX along with one reserved parking space.
· Student Librarian for a Day Does your child love the library? Enable them to be Librarian for a Day. Shadow Mrs. Harris, the Ridgeview Librarian for a day, checking books in and out, reading to classes and more!
· Lunch with the Librarian Your child and a friend will get to have lunch in the library with Mrs. Harris, the Ridgeview librarian.
· All this and more, to register and start bidding, visit ESF4Kids.com/auction
Look What We Are Up To:
October is Walk To School Month!
Please do your part to help with the traffic congestion, air quality and get your kids moving! October is Walk to School Month. There’s a feeling of joy and independence —a sense of adventure—when walking or biking to school. Parents and children get to appreciate things they don’t notice while driving—listening to the sounds of the neighborhood, seeing friends and neighbors and feeling connected with their community. Parents, children and friends can enjoy one another’s company without the usual distractions.
26 Parent Conference window opens – Nov. 4th
27 RR/Character Assembly 1:50pm: Sportsmanship
31 Walk to School Costume Parade - meet @ 8:20am
Classroom Harvest Parties 2:30-3:30pm
1 Destination Imagination
3 Kids CAN Food Drive now through
Fourth grade SAFE Sheriff Program
Welcome to Ridgeview School: Home of the Roadrunners!
2013 API 905!
2013 CBEE Honor Roll School
(California Business for Education Excellence)
Every Monday is a Staff Collaboration Day. Students are dismissed at 2:20pm.
Opportunities for students to be involved at Ridgeview:
We are seeking parent volunteers to run lunch time clubs/activities. If you are interested in hosting a club/activity one day a week, please contact Principal McCallum at email@example.com
Remember to check the E-Wednesday Folder for current flyers.
If you are interested in running a school-based club, please contact Principal McCallum @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Our Schools
In this section of our website, you will find resources in which you can easily help our district, schools and children from shopping at Target, to using eurekascrip or escrip to donating to ESF. A good school district is beneficial to our children, our community and our property values and there are several options for helping. Please help today by clicking below, or a link to the left, to learn more about programs that support our schools and how you can help by shopping, volunteering or donationg. The children of the Eureka Union School District thank you in advance for your support. Learn more...